Designed for either short or long stays, APRIL International’s insurance policies offer protection against any problems that might arise before departure or during your time abroad: cancelling your trip, medical expenses following an illness or accident, needing to be repatriated, causing damage to a third party or losing your luggage.
To suit your profile and with the flexibility to meet your insurance needs, APRIL International recommends the following insurance solutions:
Personal insurance for Short-term expatriates of any nationality staying abroad for periods of between 15 days and 12 months.
- Mini: Medical expenses from the 1st euro, up to € 250,000 per insurance year at 100% of actual costs: hospitalisation (in the event of illness or accident) and primary healthcare in the event of accident. Basic repatriation assistance.
- Complete: Medical expenses from the 1st euro, up to € 250,000 per insurance year at 100% of actual costs: hospitalisation and primary healthcare in the event of illness or accident. Extensive repatriation assistance. Legal assistance. Personal accident. Baggage cover.
Insurance from the 1st euro for expatriates of any nationality staying abroad for more than a year.
Choose the level of cover from the following 4 packages:
- EMERGENCY: If you’re looking for basic healthcare insurance to cover accidents and serious medical emergencies, this package is for you! You’ll be fully covered for hospitalisation up to €/US$ 250,000 per year.
ESSENTIAL: This package is ideal if you’re looking for basic cover of your day-to-day healthcare needs as well as any unforeseen circumstances which may arise. It offers entry-level cover if you are hospitalised or require treatment for a chronic illness.
It also provides a reasonable level of cover of the most common medical expenses.
- COMFORT: Looking for a comfortable level of cover?
- Opt for this package for a high level of cover of your medical expenses in all situations: hospitalisation, treatment of chronic illnesses, outpatient care and prevention. This package also provides you with entry-level maternity and new-born benefits if you’re planning on growing your family
PREMIUM: Looking for cover which guarantees you all-round health protection?
The Premium package covers all of your medical expenses, mostly with no upper limits, providing you with a very high level of all-inclusive cover.
Good to know: Repatriation for medical reasons to the most suitable hospital or to your country of origin is automatically included in all the packages!
Insurance for international students of any nationality staying abroad for up to 12 month.
- Medical expenses cover up to €250,000 including: Hospitalisation (fees, living expenses, examinations etc.) at 100% of actual costs with reimbursement of a private room up to €50 per day. Routine healthcare (consultations, tests, x-rays etc.) at 100% of actual costs. Emergency dental treatment. Dentures and other prostheses following a reported accident.
- 2 types of cover: From the 1st euro at 100% of actual costs or as a top-up to the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
Insurance for international students of any nationality staying abroad for more than a year.
- Expat Student covers 100% of your actual healthcare costs, with no excess (upper limit is €1,000,000 per insurance year) and a number of additional services including the direct payment of hospital charges: you have nothing to pay to the hospital, we’ll take care of it for you!
- APRIL International will organise your medical repatriation at any time of the day or night to your home or to the most suitable hospital. We’ll also cover the transport and accommodation costs of a friend or relative coming to visit you if you’re admitted to hospital.
- You can send your healthcare reimbursement claims via the EASY CLAIM app, for all bills up to €400.