Visas and permits - Spain

  Guides & Articles

Obtaining a student visa for Spain

A student visa is one of the most solicited type of documentation for students wishing to study, do research, or participate in a government-approved program in Spain. This is required for a stay of over 90 for most citizens of countries outside the EU. This process can take anywhere from two weeks to several months to complete.

Read More

Obtaining a NIE (Número de Identificación de Extranjero)

Each foreign resident in Spain is required to register for a número de idientificación de extranjero, known colloquially as a NIE (knee-yay) and translated as a Foreigner Identification Number. This number is used to all transactions, including opening a bank account, registering in the social security system and of course working legally.

Read More

Getting a Residence Permit in Spain

Residence is open to any European Union resident or European Economic Area resident and their families. For applicants who do not meet these criteria, a residence permit is required for stays of over 90 days for those wishing to work or own property.

Read More